Here is a story of our day to day life!!! Greg and I got married in October 1998 and have three kids. Twins, Ethan and Sydney, who are eleven years old and Jordan is nine years old. Needless to say, they keep us busy, but we wouldn't change a thing!!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
It started out as a good day...
It was so beautiful this morning. We have had fog for two days and the trees were all frosted over. I had to run to the bank and the post office this morning for work. I drove to the bank and was just feeling so blessed to live in a small town in Eastern Oregon. The sun was shining and there were ice crystals floating through the air reflecting prisms of light. It just looked magical. I then drove to the post office, parked and started walking inside. I reached for my keys and realized that my key chain had broken and I had misplaced my post office box key. I drove back to work and realized that my office key had also "been misplaced." I was starting to feel a tad anxious as I was the only one in the office today, therefore I was locked out!!! I called dad, who is traveling to Lewiston, and asked him if he had, by any chance, left his office key at home. But wouldn't you know it, he took it with him!!! By this time I was getting a little frantic!! I had been out of the office almost for 30 minutes!! Luckily, I had my cell phone, so I called the one and only lock smith in this little town and they said they would be right over. Here I am sitting in my car in the parking lot waiting for the locksmith and freezing at the same time.... I waited and waited. Just as I was getting ready to call the lock smith again, he pulls up. I rush up to the front door, thinking it would be easy to pick the locks. hmmm... Well, he tried to pick the locks for about 25 minutes before he gave up. This beautiful fog that I had been admiring not an hour earlier had made everything so damp, the lock was freezing. He told me he could drill the lock out and get in that way, then we would have to replace the lock. I told him to go ahead, I needed to get back in to the office!!! He said he didn't have his drill with him and would be right back. So back I went to go sit in my car and try to warm up!!! About 15 minutes later he shows up and starts drilling on the lock. It didn't work!! Remember I said the lock had frozen?? Well, after banging on it, drilling it, and then saying a few swear words , he got the lock open!!! I was so happy!! I rushed in and checked messages. When I turned around the locksmith was getting ready to leave. I asked him if he was going to replace the lock and he looked at me like he didn't know what I was talking about!!! I was a little frustrated to say the least. Here I have a lock on my front door of my office that won't lock and has a huge hole drilled into it. He said he thought he might have a lock back at home and would go check and be back after lunch. He then asked me when I would get back from lunch... Hello!!! I can't lock the door at my office!!! I just can't leave!!! So he finally showed up and replaced my lock. Sheesh!!! It did start out as a good day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment